Lovin Life

Lovin Life
Chasity, Napoleon, Christian & Cleopatra

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Travels that continue

Well I'm now into the 2nd week of my training with Ron and I have gotten a message from my SDM [student driver manager] that Werner enterprises is taking 40 hours of training off of my schedule. Im racking the miles up [over 6k+] and counting.  I've been officially removed from curfew and can drive between the hours of midnight and 7am much to the shagrin of Ron, who can try to get on some type of sleep wake cycle. I have no problem driving around those times so im trying to literally drive the rubber off the tires. I have to get to 235 hours of observed time before I am cut free to endeavor on my own, and as of last night I have 115, so half way there. Now for the last few days since the last time I blogged I had one hell of stressful situation, Ron tells me that he wants me to back up into a parking space,  oh and it's dark,  and it's late, as in 2am, and ive been driving for 10 hours. Well hes got confidence in me at least,  so after 10 minutes,  it is in there, not straight,  but its in there. Backed up next to another Werner truck,  imagine that accident report had it not gone well for me.  After a break, its back to the distribution center for some much needed rest.  Pensacola Fl and Memphis Tn again, without any mountain driving today.  I'm getting anxious to finish my training so that my Honey can get started on her CDL and I can road trip with the puppies for a few months before she joins me in our adventures.  I so miss her and the puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment